Manukau Symphony Orchestra

Manukau Symphony Orchestra

WALT: write a recount about our trip to Manukau Due Drop Centre of the Symphony Orchestra

SC: I have used 5 Adjectives, 5 adverbs, and 2 figures of speech

Title: Trip to Manukau Symphony Orchestra

On Monday April 8th 2024 at 12:00pm Rooms 8, 9, and 10 went for a toilet break, lined up in their class lines and departed on the bus from School to Manukau for a Orchestra Show featuring Susan Cato, a New Zealand Entertainer.

If you’re wondering what an Orchestra is, An orchestra is a large group of musicians who play a variety of different instruments together. Orchestras usually play classical music. 

When we departed it took us nearly 30 minutes to get there. I was so excited because once Me, My cousins, Aunty, and Uncle went to watch my 2 cousins, Mele-Fatai and Apitanga perform for Violin. 

When we got there we walked in and sat on the floor near the toilets. We sat there and waited for the Instrumentalist to set up and get ready for the performance. Me and my best friends Fatima, Sapphire, and Beautiful were admiring Stephen and Jeremy’s older sister LV drawing an anime boy in her drawing book filled with alot of realistic drawings of people and patterns. 

After 10 minutes we finally all lined up as a school and entered the theatre. My Class sat on the seats near the screen man at the top. Susan came looking like she didn’t age abit over her actual age. The first book Susan read was ‘Bugs’. The story was about counting bugs from 1 – 10 bugs each page. 

The second Susan read was ‘The Stolen Stars of Matariki’. It was about Pohutukawa and Hiwa-I-Te-Rangi and how they got stolen from the rest of the other stars because these boys on top of the Mountain thought Pohutukawa and Hiwa-I-Te-Rangi weren’t real stars.

The third story Susan read was ‘The Singing Nightingale’. The story was about a singing bird that brings joy to people. And the people have never felt that type of joy before so some people were shocked, surprised or even crying happy tears.

My personal experience was very interesting because I learned a few new instruments and got to see some worldwide instrumentalists.  

My favourite book that Susan read was ‘The Singing Nightingale’ because the nightingale is my favourite bird species. Another reason why I like this bird species The nightingale, It sings its fantastic voice towards people and they never know that people have so much emotions and joy listening to their beautiful singing.

I hope to go back and watch some more musicals and I hope that other people will love it too.

Thank you for listening to Rooms 8, 9, and 10’s trip to Manukau Symphony Orchestra

2 thoughts on “Manukau Symphony Orchestra